Monday, December 6, 2010

Vacation Thermopolis WY Jun 18 2010

Friends asked about my "Vacation".

I think of a vacation as going somewhere for a defined stay... like a week at gulf shores. or a few days in the smokies.
kinda defined.


The destination was Glacier nat pk, and if enough time Banff, British Columbia sometime this summer... late July.

With no defined plan as to how to get there... this doesn't feel like a vacation.

It's like an expedition... like a MEF Marine Expeditionary Force... where you've got all your equipment w/ you & your out there on your own w/ no base. YOU are the base... You are the expedition force.


It's also like a journey. Exploring most days are look at a map & decice which route to take... west... north???... most days I don't know where I'll sleep until 5 or 6
oclock that evening. Life at it's best & am usually not sure what I will see / drive thru that day but am awed at the great beauty & wonders of the world.

Today noticed the Shoshoni indian blood in several locals around Thermopolis WY. & the Wind RiverCanyon was absolutely phenominal... & to see the Union Pacific frieght train humping tru that canyon was neat... & the 3 mountain tunnels .... some canyon
walls had to be 12- 1,500 ft high straight up sheer cliff/ canyon walls w/ road beside the river all the way through.


Some days are not leisurley like a vacation. a lot of doing just to get 100
miles down the road . sometimes there is just no time. this is the 1st computer
time in 5 days? & there's so much more to tell... there;s not enoughnt time
except to hit the highlights & go. I'd rather spend the time going & seeing &
will write this when back.

bear w/ me on this as I'm so far behind & google the places because there is so much more to say / describe. It is truely amazing to journey thru & see these unknown places. I'm in awe & greatful & roll w/ what's thrown at me each day.