Monday, December 6, 2010

Blue Angels Northport AL May 9 2010

Kickoff Blue Angels


North America » United States » Alabama » Northport May 9th 2010 by Hargus


ITW = Into The west. Another journey. Another leg of my odyssey. Don't know where this one will take me but it starts today for this leg of the journey. No better start than to see THE Blue Angels at Tuscaloosa airport, Northport, Ala. Grampa Wood taught the basics of flying in his plane when I was 11. Been hooked on planes since.


A Blue Angels airshow is a spectacle for sure. These are THE best pilots and they put on precision flying 1st class. The Navy & Marine Corps team can't be beat!!! ?How do you describe a F-18 Hornet 100 yards from you flying by at 400 mph? it will raise the hair on your neck! Army Golden knights parachute team hit a 3 ft circle from a 12,000 ' skydive -- wing chutes. Whole show was WOW!!! I gripe a lot at paying taxes... but when I see our best guys & girls doing a spectacular job, I know we've got the right people on the clock/ job. C-130 Hercules support plane & crew were sharp too.

After show saw some Hueys. no mistaking the chop of the blades. Can still identify them at a distance.