Monday, May 9, 2011

Keep,... & Travelin' South Chiloquin, Oregon





ITW 106
Mon, Aug 9, 2010
Chiloquin, ORegon Mon Aug 9, 2010

Geeez it's 34*s this am & it's almost the middle of August

Chiloquin library



Crater Lake OR / Chiloquin , Oregon is the swing point of this journey... stayed on station as long I could & now time to turn back.



--- will do a journal on crater lake when I can form some type of

description.-- or figure out how to describe a Blue.



When I started this journey wondered how it would unfold... a little anxiety out of a comfort zone. Stepped back & assesed the reality; ... wait a minute.

anxiety hahahahaha! I've lived my whole life on straight commission; Nothing was ever guaranteed. The only steady paycheck ever was in the Marines & that allowed people to shoot at me... I was made for this journey; this is the trip of a lifetime & I can't wait on this. Go now; don't wait any longer. Don't put this off anymore.









Dad said I was born under a wanderin' star. So it was cowboy up & head out.
Keep those prayers for safe travel going. Not back yet but am reminded of seeing

Albert Collins singin' "Travelin' South, makin' my way back home" ... one of my

favorites. There will be a whole lot of travelin East before turning due south or Southeast.



But it's time to make a hard tack into the winds and comeabout to right this

journey back to what was home. I say home... but at times had lost any direction of home & felt like a bedouin. a few times thought of home & just
what actualy means anything. It's a place like no other. ... the illusion of peace. & in some ways not sure what I'm going home to.




I've been many other places... different , interesting places.. I understand Homer better now &

appreciate the life journey better. Before leaving I knew what was important...



This trip honed that edge sharper. & also know what is not important.


I have not missed tv one iota... or about Tiger Woods. Or the stock market.



My best friend told me a long time ago "If I ever was stranded on a dessert

island, I'd want you there 'cause you'd figure out a way to get us off the

island & get back home". Not sure of the exact route but will find the way

back. Devils tower WY & Badlands/ deadwood SD are on the radar coming back; &

somewhere after turn due south. Feels good now to have a westerly wind trimming

a full sail. ...like competed a mission after putting to sea & now going home.


made the observation earlier that I saw a lot of people in a hurry to go

nowhere. ???what makes me any different? Don't know about them but I wanted to

see & smell nowhere. There is a peace about the most remote canyon or mesa

butte & being able to soak it in... & say a prayer w/o noise ... or someone

talking. .... or hearing people talking about endless nothing on their cell phone..



To smell the mustiness of the bldg where the vigilantees hung robbers &





claim jumpers... the desert ... western skyBillion stars,... to smell the ocean
salt/ brackish air at Hood river on the Columbia River and taste the salt in the

water -- 100 miles from the Pacific ocean.(this was the best conclusion of the

journey-- central OR & Crater Lake was extra bonus on a road trip to see all

before turning back) I was excited. Lord, imagine the excitement of Lewis &

Clark after crossing the continent,... knowing they were closing w/ the

Pacific. I wish I'd been w/ them; that would have been the only thing better

than doing this journey now.





Will see you soon... some at a dance & look forward to that. All the way across

the continent... 8,500+ miles & now turn back. Tired, / exhausted... but a good
tired. No exact route back but would like to have a close encounter at Devils

tower, WY & then Badlands SD .... will navigate a journey back. In pilot terms

... just took off , gear up & checking compass heading , & looking for a tailwind.




Will see & talk w/ you when back asap. ....Get things back ship shape once home & get re-started.

Everything was shut down & have to get new internet server, phone ect... & get

to some things put off too long. Thank you for your prayers that got me this far
; KEEP saying a prayer for safe travel 'til I'm back safe. Whit